A monitor arm can help you to elevate your computer’s display in such a height so that your eyes or shoulder don’t get strained while you are working for a prolonged period. Simply put, it is an essential part of an ergonomic working place. But is this really the only reason behind the popularity of monitor arms? If not, then why monitor arm is actually needed? Let’s check it out together.
Why Monitor Arm Is Required?
The answer to this question is pretty simple – to lead a healthy life. Here are a few reasons why you should definitely install a monitor arm to your computer.
- Digital eye strain, also known as computer eye strain, usually occurs when you work in front of a computer screen for a prolonged period. Most times, this issue eventuates due to the wrong placement of the monitor. However. If you install it, then you can easily adjust the display of your PC to the right. This, in turn, can reduce the strain on your eyes and reduce the risk of computer vision syndrome. Nonetheless, this isn’t really the only reason why monitor arm should be installed on your computer. There’s more.
- Secondly, a height-adjustable dual monitor arm can aid you in achieving a proper working posture. This, in turn, can save you from your recurrent neck and shoulder pain.
- Thirdly, with a this, you can move around your display 180⁰. Hence, it can help you to share your work methodologies with your co-worker and boost your collaborative skills even more.
So, these are a few installing Benefits of Monitor Arm should be a must-have asset on your computer.
How To Find The Right Monitor Arm?
As you already know about why monitor arm needs to be installed on your PC, now, let’s check out the tips on finding the perfect one for you.
- Weight of the Monitor: Before you begin your search for a monitor stand, make sure to calculate how much your monitor weighs, first. It will aid you in finding the proper weight capacity-based product.
- Number of Monitors: If you plan to use more than a single monitor, then you will require something that has at least two to three arms. So, make sure to give this aspect some consideration too.
- Desk Depth: Knowing about your desk’s height and depth can help you to determine the length of the monitor arms.
- Style of Monitor Arm: There are four different types and styles that are available in the market. Among them, the Free Standing, Ceiling, and Grommet Mount are perfect for those who are looking for a long term solution. On the other hand, a Desk Clamp Mount is better suited for short-term needs.
So, these are a few reasons why monitor arms installation is a must-need for you. If you feel convinced about it, then make sure to follow through the buying instructions thoroughly and buy the one that suits perfectly with your requirements.